Re: [MacPerl] use - case sensitive?

In message <v04003a00b1aec75f4ecc@[181.100.100.100]> you write:
>I recently moved my first set of modules from my MacPerl (System 8.1,
>MacPerl 5.1.9r4) test bed to my ISP (using sun solaris, perl 5.004_04).  I
>found an error in my script that only showed up on the unix box:
>
>use Web::Framework;
>
>worked fine under MacPerl but failed under Unix perl.  The reason it failed
>on Unix is that the filename for the module was FrameWork.pm.  Should this
>have failed under MacPerl too? Or is it an OS specific "feature" I need to
>watch out for?

It's simply a fact of life: Package names are case sensitive, but the names of
the files they reside in are not, on many operating systems. There has been
some discussion about checking package and file names for consistency, but I
don't remember what the outcome was.

Matthias

   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground