Re: [MacPerl] RFC: Suitability of MacPerl as a CGI language

At 17.56 -0500 1998.06.18, Paul J. Schinder wrote:
>That you shouldn't use AppleScript for this, because it AFAIK suffers from
>the problem as MacPerl, the inability to run more than one CGI at the same
>time.  At the moment Frontier is the appropriate MacOS tool, since it is
>threaded.  The Web site orientedness of Frontier is a likely a plus in this
>situation, too.
>
>The alternative is not to run MacOS at all, but to use a buzzword compliant
>OS that runs on Mac hardware, like Linux or Open/FreeBSD (on which you can
>run Apache) or BeOS (I've no idea what the HTTP server/Perl situtation is
>there).

Another option is WebTen, from Tenon, the makers of MachTen.  It is
basically Apache running in a emulated Unix environment.  In recent MacWeek
tests, it blew away WebSTAR, and it has its own perl that can do what you
would do on Unix.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])