[MacPerl] Req: Help running scripts from other programs on mac and windows

Hi Folks!

I am new to this list and extremely new to perl.  However, I want to extend the design tool I am
working on by allowing perl scripts to be called by the program on mac and on windows.

On windows, this seems straightforward.  Simply call CreateProcess with the script name and the command line.

On the mac, I am not sure.  I understand apple events and have written my own as well as called standard events like
docopen.  But, I don't know what event I would call to perform the functionality of

ScriptIWantToCall  FileTheScriptWillWorkOn ListOfOptionsForTheFile

Can anyone out there lend a hand please?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Kent