Re: [MacPerl] AppleScript Wrapper for MacPerl acgi

I have two similar suggestions.  One is the MacPerl webserver (I don't have
the URL), which implements an HTTP server in MacPerl, and calls out to each
MacPerl CGI.  Another is to make a CGI into its own webserver.  I did this
at WWDC in a demo.  The main web server was on port 80, and the MacPerl
"CGI" was accepting connections to port 3333 or something (or vice versa,
it doesn't matter much).  I used IO::Socket to accept direct connections.
You can make multiple copies of the MacPerl application to run multiple
"CGIs" on multiple ports.

But the gist is correct: MacPerl can only run one thing at a time.

As to your question about controlling MacPerl with AppleScript, there are
several examples in the AppleScript chapter.  Further info can be got by
looking at the MacPerl app from inside Script Editor, or by asking a
specific question of the list.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])