Re: [MacPerl] AppleScript Wrapper for MacPerl acgi

Richard Rathe, MD wrote:

>I'm not sure that this is entirely correct. "Ignore" makes it sound like
>subsequent requests are just dropped. MacPerl can only do one thing at a
>time, but our server seems to QUEUE CGI requests transparently. As soon as
>one request is completed, the next request is serviced. None of our CGIs
>takes more than a few seconds to complete under normal circumstances.

How interesting!  On my system: MacOS 7.5.5, WebSTAR 1.2, MacPerl 5.1.9r4,
requests are DROPPED not QUEUED.  By inserting a thin AppleScript wrapper
between WebSTAR and MacPERL that does nothing but run the MacPerl script,
events become QUEUED.  I have no problem with queuing.  Is this an (old
version of) WebSTAR problem?  What other Web servers behave like this?

-David-

David Steffen, Ph.D.
President, Biomedical Computing, Inc. <http://www.biomedcomp.com/>
Phone: (713) 610-9770 FAX: (713) 610-9769 E-mail: steffen@biomedcomp.com