Re: [MacPerl] AppleScript Wrapper for MacPerl acgi

On 6/19/98 David Steffen wrote:

>The basis
>for my assertion is that a hit to any MacPerl cgi will be ignored if any
>other MacPerl script (cgi or otherwise) is running.  Thus, the supplied
>glue only works for sites where traffic sufficiently low that such
>overlapping hits are unlikely.

I'm not sure that this is entirely correct. "Ignore" makes it sound like
subsequent requests are just dropped. MacPerl can only do one thing at a
time, but our server seems to QUEUE CGI requests transparently. As soon as
one request is completed, the next request is serviced. None of our CGIs
takes more than a few seconds to complete under normal circumstances.

I had a problem running non-CGI Perl scripts in the background, but I
solved this by saving them as applications instead of droplets. Is there a
similar way to package the Perl interpreter with CGIs to make them
independent of each other?

Thanks, RR