Re: [MacPerl] AppleScript Wrapper for MacPerl acgi

Chris Nandor, pudge@pobox.com thus spoke on 6/19/98 5:31 PM:

>But the gist is correct: MacPerl can only run one thing at a time.

(From a discussion of using AppleScript wrappers for running MacPerl
cgi's more stably.)

Hi Chris, everbody,

If the requests are simply queued within AppleScript, is there a
realistic chance of queue overflow? Otherwise, this would be incredibly
useful to me. I'm having problems running multiple cgi's on our sparkly
new QPQ+ webserver, currently hosting 3 domains. I'm having incredible
problems getting cgi's to function from MacPerl.

I've found that AppleScript may be limited in some ways, but it certainly
has its uses. I'm starting to admire MacPerl's access to AppleScript more
and more. You know, there's got to be some sensible way of connecting
these two products more closely. Has anyone at Apple ever expressed an
interest in giving some help on technical issues with MacPerl? We all
know they use it internally. Could be mutually beneficial. Threads come
to mind as a rather nice addition that a motivated Apple engineer could
potentionally contribute to MacPerl...  Not that I'd outright *ask*, mind
you!  ;-)

Despite some of my aimless griping in the past, I'm starting to find the
MacPerl group increasingly helpful in my job. Thanks for your time,
everyone.

Troy

Troy Davis
Interactive Director