Re: [MacPerl] AppleScript Wrapper for MacPerl acgi

Troy:

>If the requests are simply queued within AppleScript, is there a
>realistic chance of queue overflow?

I have no idea; I hope someone else does.  I have never tried to queue more
than two hits.

>Otherwise, this would be incredibly
>useful to me. I'm having problems running multiple cgi's on our sparkly
>new QPQ+ webserver, currently hosting 3 domains. I'm having incredible
>problems getting cgi's to function from MacPerl.

I spent some time puzzling out MacPerl/CGI/AppleScript interactions before
Chris pointed out that my particular problem could be solved by naming my
CGI's .cgi instead of .acgi.  (BTW, I have found that the interaction
between AppleScript and MacPerl does pretty much anything I have wanted to
do, once I figured out how.)  If you could expand on precisely what your
problem is, I would appreciate it very much because:

1) I have become curious about the interaction between different servers
and the MacPerl CGI glue.  (FWIW, I had much more trouble with an older
version of QPQ and MacPerl CGI's then I ever have with my old (version 1.2)
WebSTAR.)

2) I would be pleased if all my "figuring out" could be put to some use.

-David-

David Steffen, Ph.D.
President, Biomedical Computing, Inc. <http://www.biomedcomp.com/>
Phone: (713) 610-9770 FAX: (713) 610-9769 E-mail: steffen@biomedcomp.com