[MacPerl] File Upload problem with CGI.pm

Hello from a newcomer to MacPerl,

Forgive me if this subject has been dealt with before: I only subscribed to
the list late last week.

I'm using MacPerl 5.2.0r4, which comes with CGI.pm v2.36. This is running
on my intranet, which is hosted on a PowerMac 7600 (also my development
machine) with 48mb RAM. MacPerl has the default memory allocation of 6144K.
The server is WebSTAR-PS 2.2.1.; client is Navigator 4.03 on a Win95 pc.

My problem is getting the file upload mechanism in CGI.pm to work. I
experienced different problems with CGI.pm 2.36 and 2.42. The server seems
to get the stuff ok (see excerpt from the log below) but the cgi doesn't
appear to get any 'uploadInfo' back (and I never see a file appear in the
TEMP directory either). I don't get any script or syntax errors in the
debugger or when running live.

I *think* I've set up the directory correctly and I've checked 'CGI.pm' as
recommended by Lincoln Stein in his book. His "Revision History" with
CGI.pm-2.42 refer to file upload problems on the Mac and of v2.42 he says
"Fixes for Macintosh uploads, but uploads STILL do not work pending changes
to MacPerl."

Anyone know what is wrong and if/when it is likely to be fixed?

**excerpt from server log...

Referer: http://192.168.0.2/cgi-bin/upload1.cgi

Connection: Keep-Alive

Host: 192.168.0.2

Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*

Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8

-----------------------------5181683726101

File upload test

----------------

This really IS a text file...

24 Jun 98.

-----------------------------5181683726101

Upload File

-----------------------------5181683726101--

..snipped...
********

Any help appreciated,

Ian.

Ian Phillips
Multimedia and Internet Consultancy, Design and Production
Limestone Cottage
Pooles Lane
Charlbury
Oxfordshire OX7 3RT