[MacPerl] AppleEvents for FileMaker?

After the recent decision by Userland regarding Frontier pricing, I'm
recoding some scripts that we have to do WWW site generation from Frontier
to MacPerl.  Finally, a Regex that doesn't leak memory. :-)

I am, however, not looking forward to converting the nice, clean,
procedure-call interface that Frontier has for AppleEvent-based requests to
other applications, FileMaker in particular, to the raw AppleEvent API that
MacPerl has.  Does anyone have anywhere they could point me to for some
more convenient glue for such things?

--
Christophe, Fish Head, Blowfish <xof@blowfish.com>