Re: [MacPerl] AppleEvents for FileMaker?

At 18.31 -0400 1998.06.25, Christophe Pettus wrote:
>I am, however, not looking forward to converting the nice, clean,
>procedure-call interface that Frontier has for AppleEvent-based requests to
>other applications, FileMaker in particular, to the raw AppleEvent API that
>MacPerl has.  Does anyone have anywhere they could point me to for some
>more convenient glue for such things?

Someone is working on a FileMaker module for MacPerl.  I have not yet seen
it.  However, MacPerl is getting easier and cleaner to do AppleEvents with;
for some work, even more clean than Frontier, now, with
Mac::AppleEvents::Simple.  Finding out which events to use is still more
difficult in MacPerl, but with aeteconvert and Capture AE, not too bad.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])