Re: [MacPerl] Wish List

Vicki Brown wrote:

> At 17:39 -0500 98/07/31, Mark Manning/Muniz Eng. wrote:
> > I would suggest putting it on the MacPerl FAQ-O-Matic, put
> > it on the wish list, ...
>
> This reminds me of something :-)
>
> The mkLinux project / web page had a Wish List where people could submit
> wishes (and, perhaps more important, adopt wishes and implement them!)
>
> Is this something we'd like to have?  I can put something up on the MacPerl
> Pages and do a form for submitting wishes.  Not just for feature requests
> for MacPerl but for modules and such.
>
> Comments?

There was a comment/request form on the Perl Institute web page.
When they first set it up I put my toe in the water asking if there could
be better support for DECnet and SNA within perl or at least a module.
The last time I looked my request was never publicly posted.

I do think that a MacPerl specific page might be helpful.
I guess my requests (redundant though they are) would be that MacPerl's
dependencies on obsolete CW libraries be a thing of the
past and that as much thread safety as possible be introduced into any
remaining libs (I think Matthias mentioned GUSI being non-reentrant - but
I am sure he's already working on that :-).

Thanks.

Does anyone on this list deal with Appleish things like appletalk||kshare on
non Mac platforms like UNIX?  Do any of you see a role for perl in there,
perhaps helping with administrative tasks (in other words perl modules for
Macs that would not run on MacPerl)?

Peter Prymmer