Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl files creatore code

At 7:50 AM -0600 on 7/30/98, you wrote:

>>It's a little unusual, though, for a Mac app to set some other app's
>>creator ID into the files it creates.
>
>Unusual is good! BBEdit does it, and it honors the creator code when you Save
>or even Save As over the file...

Actually, it isn't unusual at all. It's very common for Apps that create files that they don't use to give those files other creator IDs. Eudora does it; Netscape does it; rtf2html does it...

Jerry

jerry@acusd.edu                                           http://www.acusd.edu/~jerry/
"It's too bad we don't have a can to listen to to get back to San Diego," said Voniece. "What do we make in San Diego, anyway?"
"Tourists, I think," said Arthur. He brightened. "Do they sell tourists in cans?"
"I think they do," said Voniece, "but they're awfully expensive."
--The Shopping Cart Graveyard