Re: [MacPerl] macperl::choose, custom dialogs, and BBEdit

At 06.40 -0400 1998.07.29, Robert Ward wrote:
>I've been using the following routine to allow the user to select a folder
>of data to analyse:
>
>sub GetFolder {
>  require 'GUSI.ph';
>  my($prompt, $default) = @_;
>  MacPerl::Choose(
>    GUSI::AF_FILE(), 0, $prompt, '',
>    GUSI::CHOOSE_DIR() + ($default ? &GUSI::CHOOSE_DEFAULT : 0), $default );
>}
>
>This works fine. However, if I run the routine from bbedit, using the "Run
>File With MacPerl" tool, I don't get the custom dialog box for selecting a
>directory. I just get the standard dialog, and so then the routine
>/doesn't/ work. I can run the routine using the "Run MacPerl Front" tool
>instead -- this works (natch), but then I don't get my output sent to a
>bbedit window as I would like.
>
>Is there another way? Perhaps a way of getting a folder from a standard
>file dialog which bbedit could provide?

You could try install the Navigation Services libraries from Apple, and
playing with Mac::Navigation betas on the MacPerl FTP site.  Examples are
included with the distribution.  I have not tried it with BBEdit, and I am
not awake yet, but it is a thought.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])