Re: [MacPerl] Mac::Resources example and question

Sometime around 7/29/98 8:54 AM, Bart Lateur wrote something about:

>Although it's pretty easy to change the default creator type using
>Resedit (it is stored in one of the resources), it's a pain to have to
>do it over and over again, every time a new version of MacPerl gets
>installed. And we're currently at number 20 of MacPerl 5, or about
>there.
>
>I don't do it any more.

Normally I use Rez (an MPW tool) to update this setting when I get a new
version of MacPerl (I have the command line marked in the worksheet and
simply jump to the mark and execute it, but everyone doesn't have MPW)...

I posted the script as a quick _MacPerl_ solution for those who, like you
(and I) don't want to ResEdit every new copy of MacPerl... just hard-code
your preferred editor's creator code into it ($creator = yourEditorCode),
replace everything from "( $creator ) = @ARGV;" to the changeRez sub with
a call to changeRez, run it whenever you get a new MacPerl (or a new
editor), and you're good to go...

YMMV, but it seems like a simple solution, and lets Matthias worry about
more important issues than a simple prefs thingie, like bringing us
threaded MacPerl  :-)

cheers,

Dave