[MacPerl] desktop apps

I've been using macperl for a little while and was told that for
applications on the desktop there are no shared libraries. So that if a
make droplets for the app each includes about 2megs or so worth of perl
stuff , thus after a few apps are added it becomes a real resource hog.
But the other option is to use just the runtime environment, but I seem
to recall the faq as saying the droplet was the way to go.

So I guess I'm trying to say, is there a way to create several desktop
apps and have them share resources to conserve machine utilitzation and
stuff?

I know this is probably in the book too.

--thanks for any insights
Mark

--
Its reassuring to know that if you behave strangely enough, society will
take full responsibility for you.