Re: [MacPerl] -s File Test Operator

While I agree with most of Bart's statements and his conclusion, I do wish
to comment on the following:

|The resource fork is an entirely different beast: it is a TREE, not a
|flat file.

This is not true. As far as the file system is concerned, the resource
fork *is* a flat file, and in fact you can open and read from and write
to the resource fork just like the data fork. The Resource Manager uses
this ability to store a tree in the resource fork, just as Excel overlays
a spreadsheet format on the flat data fork.

Not that this has much to do with MacPerl, but just wanted to complete
a little incomplete information...

Brian