[MacPerl] Getting run-time versions working

Okay, bear with me...
I wrote a modest macperl program for generating an initialization file
that people need to run another, less modest program. It worked fine
until I saved it as a runtime, when I got the error:

    # Can't locate Mac/Windows.pm in @INC.
    File 'Mac HD:Desktop Folder:Make Prefs File Now! copy'; Line 3
    # BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
    File 'Mac HD:Desktop Folder:Make Prefs File Now! copy'; Line 3

Now, being a good do-bee, I immediately searched the maling list archive
for possible solutions, and came upon Chris Nandor's droplet for
including the text of all modules/libraries in the TEXT resource of the
runtime. I ran it (dropped it?) and then tried to run the program again.
This time the error was:

    # Can't locate Dev:Pseudo:auto:DynaLoader:dl_findfile.al in @INC.
    File 'AutoLoader.pm'; Line 38

    File 'Dev:Pseudo:DynaLoader.pm'; Line 145
    # BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
    File 'Mac:Windows.pm'; Line 367
    # BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
    File 'Mac HD:Desktop Folder:Make Prefs File Now!'; Line 3

So I added the text of dl_findfile.al to the TEXT resource, with the
name auto:DynaLoader:dl_findfile.al. Then I tried to run it again, and
this time the error was:

    # Can't find loadable object for module Mac::Events in @INC (Mac
HD:Desktop Folder:lib  Dev:Pseudo)
    File 'Dev:Pseudo:Mac:Windows.pm'; Line 367
    # BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
    File 'Mac:Windows.pm'; Line 367
    # BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
    File 'Mac HD:Desktop Folder:Make Prefs File Now!'; Line 3

I don't, frankly, have any idea what the problem is. So the question is,
is this solvable or am I just chasing my tail here, running through a
never-ending series of missing resources? Or am I on the wrong track?
Any advice anyone can offer would be hugely appreciated.

-Mike Tarantino
mike@artfact.com