Re: [MacPerl] Current Instruction for Building MacPerl?

Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com> writes:
>Nothing has really changed.  I built MacPerl 5.2.0r4 from the same
>instructions I put in the book.
>
>I am hoping that another part of the moving to perl5.005 process will be to
>remove the reliance on obsolete libraries.

Your hope is justified.

>But that is probably not as important as the other stuff we've been
>discussing, so if Matthias doesn't have time to do it this go around,
>then it might not happen for awhile.

At the moment, I don't see an overwhelming motivation to do a quick port
of 5.005; as a non-threading Perl, it seems to have few advantages over 5.004
(5.004 was a *huge* improvement over 5.002). Therefore, I'd rather focus on
doing a threaded GUSI to allow me to release a 5.005 based MacPerl with full
threading support.

I don't remember what obsolete libs and what routines from them I'm still
using. A quick fix might be possible.

Matthias

   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_