Re: [MacPerl] Current Instruction for Building MacPerl?

[..]

>At the moment, I don't see an overwhelming motivation to do a quick port
>of 5.005; as a non-threading Perl, it seems to have few advantages over 5.004
>(5.004 was a *huge* improvement over 5.002). Therefore, I'd rather focus on
>doing a threaded GUSI to allow me to release a 5.005 based MacPerl with full
>threading support.

I think you're talking about GUSI 2???

Would it be possible to hands out some help in order to go toward having a
POSIX-like compatible pthreads lib ?

It would be great because form what I had studied from code in mySQL and
mSQL the two bigs area missing to port are :
1) a pthread like librairie
2) a memory mapped similar to GNU shmem and mmap.

if we could advance in that direction with a collabrotaion of developpers
we could have one of those DB available on mac and they interface already
so well with perl (and java ;-)

This will make macPerl a much more web friendly solution.

cheers
Vincent

Vincent Nonnenmacher
DPI SA