Re: [MacPerl] IDEA: Cool (IMO) addition to MacPerl

In article <mac-perl.199807172200.AAA09705@gwaihir.ee.ethz.ch>, Matthias
Ulrich Neeracher <neeri@iis.ee.ethz.ch> wrote:

>Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com> writes:
>>As quoting characters, brackets nest.  q{}, qq[], qw(), etc.  I think it
>>would be cool for MacPerl to support others; maybe q«», qq¾„, qw³² ... ?
>
>A cute idea, but
>
> - It seems to be of limited usefulness.
> - It would not be portable.
> - It would work against our MacPerl/Coreperl convergence goals.
> - THEY could strike back with paired Unicode characters eventually.

I agree that it's probably not the best idea in the world, but on a side
note: by the time they could strike back with Unicode, we could parry,
since Rhapsody (and so I assume OS X) is supposed to have Unicode support.