Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl cmd line?

At 13:28 -0500 98/07/16, Mark Manning/Simulacron I wrote:
> (Not to throw water on the Unix shell thing. :-) )
>
> What about NShell?  It is a Unix-like shell.  Though I do believe it is
> a few years old now.

But it wasn't written in perl :-)  and the discussion started as a way to
do a command line thing in MacPerl.

Actually mop (the script we're discussing that Rich & I have been writing)
is designed to be an extensible shell-like-thing (mop is "mother of perl",
mother-of-pearl is found in (oyster) shells... get it? ;-).  It does Unixy
commands 'cause that's what we like.  It could as easily do DOSish
commands, or MPWy style, or something you invent; like I said, it's
extensible.  Modular, even.

> Steve Wright: Black holes are where God divided by zero.

Infinity is where things happen that don't.
---
Vicki Brown, vlb@cfcl.com        |\      _,,,---,,_
Journeyman Sourceror      ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
Scripts & Philtres             |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb      '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
P.O. Box 1269 San Bruno, CA  94066