Re: [MacPerl] Doh! or, How not to clear the MacPerl window.

Yes, I have tried a form feed and it didn't work for me.  There are some
very simple routines you can write which will help you to emulate a
screen movement.  I did them years ago in college when I wanted to
emulate a graphics terminal on the old LSIs, ADDs, and others.  They are
not fast, but they get the job done.  And there is no big secret to what
they are.  They're just things like the drawing routines to move to a
given location, draw a string at a given location, etc....  So now you
are probably wondering why you'd want to re-write these routines?  The
answer is so you can keep track of what you are doing on the page.

Just a thought.

PS: Have you tried using copyrect to make it look like everything has
scrolled up or down on the page?  You do a copyrect to move everything
up one line and then draw the next line in at the bottom.  Or to move up
you just copy everything down one line and then draw the first line
again.  Simple scrolling technique.  :-)