Re: [MacPerl] app glue alpha online

Data::Dumper is on CPAN, a binary form (it works without the binary, too)
is in my directory on CPAN and on my web site, and it will be a part of the
5.005 distribution of MacPerl.

That said, you don't need it.  I had it in the droplet but commented it
out, and I had it in the sample script but neglected to comment it out,
though I should have.  Comment out the use statement and all will be well
(however, Data::Dumper is a very good thing to have, regardless).

Or download the new version, which fixes the stuff that should be commented
out, and fixes the END{} block problem for Disposing constructed AE objects.

  ftp://pudge.net/pub/pudge/macperl/glue.19980918.sit.hqx

At 07.52 -0400 1998.09.18, Dave Johnson wrote:
>And this is giving me the error:
>
> Can't locate :auto:Mac:Glue:autosplit.ix in @INC.

I wrote in the announcement:

# The Glue.pm file should be placed in your MacPerl Ä:site_perl:Mac:
# directory, and then this short script needs to be run:
#
#   #!perl -w
#   use AutoSplit;
#   $dir = "$ENV{MACPERL}site_perl";
#   autosplit("$dir:Mac:Glue.pm","$dir:auto",0,1,1);

If you run that, the autosplit.ix file will be created for you.  I don't
know why it is necessary at this point, but right now I don't care.  :-)
If the .ix file is there, it works, so that is sufficient for me right now.

I will probably, along the way here, if possible, adapt a script Matthias
has to install modules to work with any old non-XS module, that will do the
AutoSplit, install the files, etc.  Maybe even preprocess the files to fix
newline problems.

Or someone else can do this.  The PerlInstall script is in the MacPerl src
distribution.  If you decide to do it, contact me, because I think I
already have made some changes to things to make it work better.

Thanks,

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])