Re: [MacPerl] app glue alpha online

I've gotten the sample working. So I've decided to see how the
droplet works by dropping Eudora on it.

The first thing I want to do is to Launch Eudora or see if it
is running, this requires:

#!perl -wl
use Mac::Apps::Launch;
my @apps = qw(CSOm);

if (!IsRunning(@apps)){
LaunchApps([@apps], 1) || warn($^E);
}

Now, IMHO I would rather "see" Launch, Quit, IsRunning as part of
the Eudora package and not have to deal with the Creator ID of Eudora
just to get it running. Something like:

Mac::glue::Eudora::IsRunning();
or
Mac::glue::Eudora::Launch();

This is clearer (to me) that I am launching Eudora.

Would this kind of thing have to be hand coded in or
once again am I missing something?

Dave Johnson[Dj]
daveamy@comcat.com or dave_johnson@ieee.org
PGP fingerprint: [EA22 8F28 7C0A 4F26 E909 1D47 5A77 6666 34FE 6ED9]