Re: [MacPerl] Installing modules.

>But to make a wrapper, which would not be hard, would be worse than the
>real solution, which is converting the line endings: no one would use it
>unless they knew what it was for, and no one who knew what it was for would
>use it.

So the problem is easily fixable. If you know what to look for ;)

As this does seem like a problem that would hit newbies the most (as it did
me when I started) I'd vote for making MacPerl able to handle it in the
future. Why do so many of us use BBEdit? Because it handles these things,
but again, for the new user, who may not get the \r \n \r\n let alone
\015\012 problem... what to do...? I don't expect the text editing in
MacPerl to be on par with BBEdit, but it is very limited. And for someone
starting out, it gets puzzling when you try to explain that you really
need to use another application for writing your scripts, etc...

just venting ideas...

Pete