Re: [MacPerl] macperl->bbedit handoff unreliable

>Is there anything I can do to increase the reliability of the "Edit with
>BBEdit" command within MacPerl?  I usually find it works for the first
>few invocations on a given file, and then it will start to silently
>fail.  Sometimes it will launch or activate BBEdit, and sometimes it
>won't do anything at all.
>
>Since I started working more with droplets it's become a bigger
>priority.  I'd really like to be able to use it consistently.

You can edit droplets directly from within BBEdit using the
"Edit MacPerl Script" plugin.  It's got some limitations on the
length of the script's name (it needs seven characters on the end
to add " [Perl]" to the temp cache file), but otherwise seems to
work fairly well.  I don't work with it extensively, so I can't
speak to its long term stability.

HTH,

-Charles

--