Re: [MacPerl] macperl->bbedit handoff unreliable

At 19.57 -0400 1998.09.23, Nathaniel Irons wrote:
>Is there anything I can do to increase the reliability of the "Edit with
>BBEdit" command within MacPerl?  I usually find it works for the first
>few invocations on a given file, and then it will start to silently
>fail.  Sometimes it will launch or activate BBEdit, and sometimes it
>won't do anything at all.
>
>Since I started working more with droplets it's become a bigger
>priority.  I'd really like to be able to use it consistently.
>
>Any insight into the mechanism being used would be appreciated.  Thanks
>very much.

The only time it fails for me is when MacPerl crashes or something, and
then it loses track of the file already opened in BBEdit.

Something you might want to consider using is the "Edit MacPerl Script"
BBEdit plugin, which opens droplets and runtimes.  It works pretty much
through the same mechanism as the command you are already using from within
MacPerl, I believe (though I could be wrong).

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])