Re: [MacPerl] cgi problem

At 19.01 -0400 1998.09.26, Steven J. Stratford wrote:
>I use 5.2.0r4 on my server and WebStar 3.0. I have a few MacPerl cgi's that
>generally work fine, except that occasionally they run but don't quit, in
>fact _won't_ quit, unless the machine is hard-rebooted. The "CGI Script"
>extension I have is dated 1/19/97.

You can likely force quit them.  Make the offending CGI the frontmost app,
click on the CGI's window and hold down the mouse, and do
option-command-escape.  Then click OK if it asks to force quit the CGI.  If
it asks to force quit something else, say Cancel, and try again.

>At first I suspected it was a problem in the programming of one of the
>scripts, but then I noticed the same thing occasionally happening with the
>other scripts, so I don't think it's programming. Anyone else seen that
>behavior? Anyone have an idea where I should look to identify the problem?

It often happens when MacPerl gets too busy to answer a given CGI, so the
CGI hangs.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])