Re: [MacPerl] Re:Http Upload forks OK on IE4

At 1:30 PM -0600 9/28/98, Stephen M. Gray wrote:

} >>>For all of you that said it was impossible, just wanted to let you
} >>>know that http uploads on IE4 works fine ,.... forks and all.
}
} >    Frank was talking about a salad fork (uploading Macintosh [2-forked]
} >files using Internet Explorer).
}
} Then why don't they work for me? When I use IE4 (mac) to upload a text file
} I get about 10 lines of goobley-gook before the text. From the look of it,

It's probably a MacBinary header, and it's probably why it "works fine"
with IE4.  As our Fearful Leader might say, "it depends on what the
definition of "works fine" is."

You can easily MacBinarize a file using MacPerl.  I wrote a package,
Mac::Conversions, available at <http://pobox.com/~schinder/MacPerl.html>,
which does this among other conversions.  So you can have it "work fine"
using a MacPerl script, no matter what your definition is.

} it's BBEdit state info, but it's getting sent as the start of my text
} document instead of getting stripped out. I've tried the form/script in
} Netscape 4.06 and 4.5 pr2 and it works correctly with the same file. Anyone
} else have this problem?
}
} Steve
} Stephen M. Gray