[MacPerl] Glue::Stuck::Help

I'm a little bit confused by this glue thing. Based on my previous
experience with MacPerl and AppleEvents (featuring hair loss and fantastic
bouts of enraged cursing) and your example script, I tried to write a
script that would open a document in FileMaker Pro. Here it is:

require 'StandardFile.pl';
use Mac::Glue::FileMaker_Pro;
my($fm,$database,$db1);

$fm = new Mac::Glue::FileMaker_Pro;
$database = StandardFile::GetFile("FMP3");
unless( $database ) {exit(0)};

$db1 = $fm->ae_object( document => $database );
$fm->open( $db1 );
exit(0);

Of course, opening the file is just the beginning, but I want to be able
to get past the start before continuing on!

At any rate, this doesn't work. It starts up FileMaker OK, but then does
nothing. I'm obviously missing something important here, but I have no
idea what. Your example worked on volume folders in the finder, not
programs opening documents.

I have already a module that I wrote which can open a document in Word,
but I wrote it myself using AppleEvents. Now all the mysterious little
details in AppleEvents are missing (when I wrote my version, I actually
plugged random values in at random places until it worked because nothing
made sense to me) or obscured.

I suppose I could rewrite my module to work with FileMaker, but the Glue
module seems like a much more elegant solution. The only problem is I
don't know which methods are available or which parameters they want to
see. FileMaker seems to want more information from "open" than Finder
does, but even knowing what it wants, how do I give to it that information?

Desperately waiting for documentation,
Josh