Re: [MacPerl] Creating modules

At 18.48 -0400 1998.09.29, Michael Rutman wrote:
>I'm sure I'm doing something trivially wrong, but I'm following the
>perlxstutorial as well as I can.  I am at the end of Example 1 where I need
>to create a script to test my hello world module.  No matter what I try, I
>always get the following error message
>
># Can't find loadable object for module Mytest in @INC (blib/arch blib/lib
>Projects:perl:MacPerl:lib:MacPPC Projects:perl:MacPerl:lib )
>
>I've tried buildprogram install, and it copies it into the blib folders,
>but I get the same error.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you follow the build process in MacPerl: Power and Ease?  It sounds
like you did, but I am just checking.

Is there indeed a shared library called Mytest in one of your directory
structures listed above?  I am confused a bit by why a directory might be
blib/arch.  Seems it should be Full:Path:to:blib:arch.  Regardless, if a
file is in one of those dirs, you need to further specify, beyond just
"mypath", a directory called "mypath:MacPPC".

Hope this helps,

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])