Re: [MacPerl] Re: Writable file test broken?

Chris Nandor writes Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:40:14 -0400

>I tried to find a way to check if a file is locked, but I couldn't.  The
>nameLocked flag in fdFlags is not the same thing, apparently.

I see IM says it means the Finder is prevented from changing the file's name.

However I find fdXFlags (a signed byte) returns 0 if the file is unlocked
and 112 if it is locked.

    use Mac::Files;
    if (FSpGetCatInfo($f)->ioFlXFndrInfo->fdXFlags & 112) { # file is locked }

In my version of IM fdXFlags is noted as "reserved" so I'm not at all sure
if this is reliable. Does anyone know?

Alan Fry