[MacPerl] questions about glue

First I want to express my thanks to chris (and David Schooley for GlueMe
droplet).

this is a very impressive job ! I tought that the appleevent part of the
book was a little short on that subject but I think that Glue would deserve
a whole chapter in next edition.

I have several remarks and questions (unsorted sorry).

1) it would be much cleanr to have the use simple and use launch in glue.pm
not counting on a version
unless I don't know about a version parameter in use ?
so more simple to keep thoses dependencies up to date without rehacking
Glue.pm when you make a newer version.

2) I guess that making pod part for specific suite for types,class and
construct will come soon this is what missing me the most for the moment
but understanding the appX.pm glue file is usefull without much
documentation (no pun intended here indeed ;-))

3) I always played with scriptdebugger with some code paterns like
   making an object ref
   getting its properties in a record oriented fashion

try to path that record for modifications (attributes propereties)
and feed the new record in place for this object ref

and when this doen;t work patch them attributes by attributes using that ref.

It would then be very interesting to have you helping translating such
regular applescripting practices to their Glue equivalent, making further
documentation handy for a lot of scrpters.

I'm now try to make a Glue file for the Apple Media Tool and I wanted to
use Perl and Glue but I'm fighting against resorting to pure text
appleevent chunck to do the works because I'm not very confortable with the
Glue implied idiom.

Perhpas we coudl find an application that a lot of people are using (or can
download) wichi have a clean Object Model structure and use it as the basis
for such small pattern/problem list of hints ?
( i download Glue and minstall it in fact when I saw your previous post on
closing a windows the new hightech geek way )!

I was thinking about Xpress which have a (quite) nice implementation of the
object model even if they tend to use whole attributes records as separate
properties instead of making them available separately.

I don't think the finder is a good candidates because their object model
isn't very orthogonal.

Styled Text editor sound a good candidate also as its is very scripatble.

Regards

Vincent Nonnenmacher
DPI SA
116 Av de la Republique