Re: [MacPerl] Resource Research

At 18:50 -0500 10/7/98, David Schooley wrote:
>If anybody has a copy of ResEdit handy and one or more
>scriptable apps that allow plug-ins, please open them up with ResEdit and
>send me the ID of the 'scsz' resource and the name of the app. Possible
>candidates are BBEdit

BBEdit and Script Debugger use ID 0.

I note that the IM discussion doesn't say, which implies
   a.  (strongly) it doesn't matter
   b.  (more weakly) there is only one scsz, not one per AppleScript dialect,
        in a given app.

You don't have to care...you can use the indexed form of GetResource
(GetIndResource, or probably better Get1IndResource to restrict the search
to the "current" resource file) and ask for the first scsz resource.  (You
could also count, and do something different if there is in fact more than
one.)

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish,