[MacPerl] Perl Standalone on a CD-ROM

I am looking for a way to install and run the Perl engine on a CD-ROM
that could then work standalone on the CD on a Mac or Wintel machine.  I
do not expect to have OS or Filesystem access on the host computer, just
access to the files on the CD.

Example:

Create an an html form on the CD that in the "action" tag specifies a
perl file on the CD which processes the form information opening a
particular file on the CD based on the form information.

Could anyone offer any help or references or suggestions?

In a nutshell I want to have Perl -- albeit limited-- run standalone on
a CD.  In this case I am looking for a non-OS specific port of Perl.

Thanks,

chris
cejohn@uen.org