Re: [MacPerl] loading Data::Dumper problem

 > At 2:27 AM -0700 10/8/98, Xah Lee wrote:
 >
 > } I couldn't get the module Data::Dumper to load, and couldn't figure
 > } out what's wrong.

Here's some advice for newbies who want to use Data::Dumper.

1. download it from CPAN.
2. Decompress it.
3. Create a folder 'Data' at a desired place. For example, 'veryHardDrive:xxxFolder:Data:'.
4. Place the file "Dumper.pm.NOXSUB" in the folder so created, and
rename it to "Dumper.pm". So we have, "veryHardDrive:xxxFolder:Data:Dumper.pm"
4. Now the module is ready to use. To use it, say
"use lib qw(veryHardDrive:xxxFolder:Data:); # this adds the search path.
use Data::Dumper;
"
5. of course, read documentations.

I realized that I need to use Dumper.pm.NOXSUB instead
Dumper.pm. Thanks to Paul and Chris' answers and hints. For those who wish to
use compiled (faster) version of Data::Dumper, you can download it
from Chris's homepage and follow instructions from there.

I wrote:
 > } Here's the errors I'm getting:
 > }
 > } ># Can't find loadable object for module Data::Dumper in @INC

This message is not in perldiag. Perhaps it should?...

 Xah, xah@best.com
 http://www.best.com/~xah/PageTwo_dir/more.html
 Little penguins make way: GNU HURD is coming! <www.gnu.org>