Re: [MacPerl] How to quit a CGI script instantly?

At 06.34 -0400 1998.10.09, Vlad Ionesco wrote:
>Once a CGI is launched on the Mac it will run for five minutes. How do i
>quit it instantly? I have looked around and checked the archives for an
>answer, and I have tried
>
>exit;
>MacPerl::Quit(2);
>print STDERR "ÁQUIT!\n";
>
>but none of them works. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

See the CGI chapter (under "The CGI Script Extension") of the MacPerl book
(which you can also find online at http://www.ptf.com/macperl/, or you can
find at many fine bookstores, or you can get from Amazon.com by going to
http://pudge.net/macperl/books.html).

I wrote a droplet that is available for download from the PTF site and is
described in some detail in the CGI chapter.  It is described in some
technical detail in the Toolbox Modules chapter, too.  You can also use
ResEdit to fix it without my droplet, and that is also described in the CGI
chapter.

Hope this helps,

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])