Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl and Alpha

>With some older versions of MacPerl I had no problems editing a script
>in Alpha and sending it to MacPerl to run.  But no longer -- now I get
>
>  # Illegal character \012 (carriage return).
>  File 'Untitled'; Line 2
>  # (Maybe you didn't strip carriage returns after a network transfer?)
>
>The script was *not* from a network transfer.

I ran into a problem with exactly the same symptoms just last night.
I don't use Alpha, but the symptoms were identical.

In my case, the problem was actually in several files I'd just
updated in the MacPerl:lib: folder -- I had downloaded the updates
without paying attention to the line endings.  When I corrected
those files, the problem went away.

-Eric