[MacPerl] Miscellaneous packages w/ MacPerl

OK, curiousity killed the cat, good thing I ain't no cat!!

Mac_Perl_520r4_appl.asc
Mac_Perl_520r4_appl.bin
Mac_Perl_520r4_appl_cfm68K.asc
Mac_Perl_520r4_appl_cfm68K.bin
Mac_Perl_520r4_bigappl.asc
Mac_Perl_520r4_bigappl.bin
Mac_Perl_520r4_src.asc
Mac_Perl_520r4_src.bin
Mac_Perl_520r4_tool.asc
Mac_Perl_520r4_tool.bin

What is each file used for?  I obviously know the  appl  extension, since
that's what I use, but what's the  .asc  file for?

What's cfm68K?  What can I do with that tool?

What's bigappl?  What can I do with that tool?

What use would I have from the  src  package?

What's tool?  What can I do whith that?

I hear comments about the MPW tool, I figure that the tool package would
have it, but how do I install it?

HELP

Thanks

--Tim