Re: [MacPerl] Miscellaneous packages w/ MacPerl

PwrSurge <tjudd@pacifier.com> writes:
>OK, curiousity killed the cat, good thing I ain't no cat!!
>
>Mac_Perl_520r4_appl.asc
>Mac_Perl_520r4_appl.bin
>Mac_Perl_520r4_appl_cfm68K.asc
>Mac_Perl_520r4_appl_cfm68K.bin
>Mac_Perl_520r4_bigappl.asc
>Mac_Perl_520r4_bigappl.bin
>Mac_Perl_520r4_src.asc
>Mac_Perl_520r4_src.bin
>Mac_Perl_520r4_tool.asc
>Mac_Perl_520r4_tool.bin
>

>What is each file used for?

Basically, this is explained in the README file in that directory (And in the
distribution).

>I obviously know the  appl  extension, since
>that's what I use, but what's the  .asc  file for?

I signed the distribution archives with my PGP key so in case of doubt, it is
possible to ascertain whether they were tampered with after their release.

>I hear comments about the MPW tool, I figure that the tool package would
>have it, but how do I install it?

The README file included with it explains that.

Matthias

  "And that's why I am going to turn this world upside down, and make
   of it a fire so *bright* that someone real will notice"
                                -- Vernor Vinge, _Tatja Grimm's World_