Re: [MacPerl] Mac OS 8.5 (off-topic)

At 10:28 -0400 10/19/98, Chris Nandor wrote:
>At 10.13 -0400 1998.10.19, Eric G. Vann wrote:
>>In the documentation for this new Apple product they indicate that you
>>need to
>>register it online in order to have a KEY e-mailed to you for the purposes of
>>downloading QuickTime 3.0 Pro.
>>
>>I registered twice and neither time received an e-mail which included this
>>KEY.
>>What gives?
>
>Be patient.  Apple has your e-mail address on file, since you registered
>online, and since they are obligated by law to give you (and everyone else
>who bought it and registered it online) the code, expect it to be coming
>soon.

MacInTouch (I think it was...possibly MacFixIt) early this morning said
that a human at Apple said that the scripting (language unstated) was
messed up on the Web site.

Unless something changes from what Ric (or Ted or ??) was told, it should
be fixed by Tuesday, at which point we have the "opportunity" to register
again.  [Fortunately, it's a sensible form, on a page without hours worth
of graphics.]

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish,