[MacPerl] argh

In the Finder 8.5 aete, there is no event named 'get'.  It is also not in
the dialect file, nor in any of my scripting additions.  Yet "tell
application Finder get selection end tell" still works.  So somehow "get"
is being mapped to core\getd.  Why?  How?

I have no problem special casing a few select events, if that is what I
need to do.  But I won't do it unless I know what the nature of the special
case is.

This week is getting longer and longer ...

Oh, Mr. Schooley, in App.pm, I added this to the end of
get_app_status_and_launch():

    $name = $app_path if $name !~ /:/;

When I was loading in things that weren't apps, $name was not getting
returned properly.  Maybe there should be a way to simply say "just use the
path I pass, and don't try to get the data from the running app or
anything".

Long long long week.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])