[MacPerl] CGI.s on local Mac

Please forgive a newbie question:

I'm trying to use MacPerl on my G3 PowerBook for local teaching and
testing (rather than on my ISP.s machines via a dial-up) and whilst I can
run Perl scripts fine in the MacPerl window, I have had no joy running
anything as a CGI on my local machine.

I assumed I needed to use TCP loopback which I set at 127.0.0.1, I've
tried both Apple Personal Web Sharing and Net Presenz, following all the
Read Me's for 'sharing' a directory and enabling CGI, saving from MacPerl
'as CGI' but still, no luck.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction; this is driving me
nuts.

Many thanks

Lachlan Scott

Lachlan Scott