Re: [MacPerl] Shared scripts, fragments, and other MacPerl code

At 17.22 -0500 1998.10.29, Eric Albert wrote:
>That brings up a question that I've wondered about for a while.  I was
>playing with a couple of things in MacPerl and noticed that if you want a
>progress bar in your application, you have to download a compiled
>AppleScript and then call that through MacPerl.

Or you can download a program called ProgressBar and a module called
Mac::Apps::PBar.  :)

>Wanting to get around the
>minor annoyance of having to distribute another application along with
>mine, I've written a little Mac::Utils::ProgressBar module that works much
>the same as the current AppleScript one, but (of course) is entirely in
>Perl and therefore can be bundled in the resource fork of a
>double-clickable app.  I don't know if there's a demand for this or not, or
>even if it's an improvement over the current solution, but if you're
>interested, drop me a note, and if there's any demand for it at all, I'll
>be more than glad to post it.

Just post it and ask for comments; that's the best way to get feedback.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])