Re: [MacPerl] Runtimes

>This came up in connection with the txt2pdf script that I'm helping Yvon
>Thoraval with (which works fine). He tried to make a runtime, and found
>that portions of the library path were not being used.

'Used' modules have to be put in the resource fork as type 'TEXT'.

Having done the essential fixes to 'txt2pdf.pl' for the Mac (6 in all) the
text version of 'txt2pdf.pl' should be run through Michael Ziege's
"RuntimeBuilder.dp" available on the MPPE CD in:

        "MacPerl:Contrib:Tools&Misc:RuntimeBuilder".

This script copies all the 'used' modules into the file's 'TEXT' resource
and saves the file as a 'runtime' application.

There is one other thing to do manually and that is copy the configuration
file 'txt2pdf.cfg' into the new folder containing the runtime.

The text file to convert should be dropped onto the runtime icon and the
new ACROBAT file will be created in the same directory as the original text
file.

Ideally a line "MacPerl::Quit(1);" should be added to the end of
'txt2pdf.pl' before saving it as a runtime so that the application quits
automatically after use.

Hope this helps,

Alan Fry