[MacPerl] Re: MacPerl and makefiles

>Ak...
>
>I tremble to ask but here I go again!
>
>I am writing Perl code on my Mac and do most of my preliminary testing
>there. I downloaded a module from CPAN and it has this makefile.pl which
>crashes MacPerl. Someone tells me that MacPerl doesn't have that
>capability... S'okay.... so how do I use the wonderful module?
>
>Now let's make it more difficult. My target system is Unix... it's a CGI
>script for my web site. What do I do with that module to make it work in
>both places. If it makes any difference, I am with a web host and have
>no control of the server environment etc.
>
>Thank you in advance for any help.
>
>Dejah
>--
>i trust i make myself obscure, i have need of obscurity now- robert bolt
>
>a heated exchange of unread mail would be welcomed by all- christensen
>
>Skating Fiction. Featuring the  highly acclaimed serial On The Edge!
>http://www.DejahsPrivateIce.com

I'm cross-posting this to the MacPerl list.  I seem to recall that makefiles
aren't necessary with MacPerl (someone correct me if I'm wrong).  Just place
the module in the proper directory (figuring that out isn't really that
difficult, but it vaires depending on what the module is).

# Brian McNett
# Fungal Parataxonomy                Mycology Information (Mycoinfo)
# Webmaster, Staff Writer   **The World's First Mycology E-Journal**
# <mailto:webmaster@mycoinfo.com>         <http://www.mycoinfo.com/>