Re: [MacPerl] buffer size?

At 08.34 -0500 1998.11.10, Geoffrey C Kinnel wrote:
>Shooting from the hip here. If I recall correctly, if you use an
>external editor (I use BBEdit) STDOUT goes to a BBEdit window, which
>would not have the limit that the MacPerl STDOUT would (probably the 32K
>TextEdit limit, I'm guessing). I'm not at my Mac currently, so I might
>be missing some important details.
>
>Does this sound right to anyone? An alternative would be to send the
>output to a file instead of STDOUT if you want to review your data.

Yes.  The limitations are to the MacPerl windows only.  Output to a file is
unlimited, and output to an external editor may be limited by Apple Event
limitations (whatever they may be).

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])