Re: [MacPerl] unknown Error messag

At 11.29 -0500 1998.11.11, w e b s l a v e wrote:
>>>For CGI programming with PERL, I have yet to go wrong with  "CGI/PERL
>>>Cookbook" (which is available at  http://www.cgi-perl.com  and an excellent
>>>book) - and step through that.  :)
>
>>Ugh.  That is Matt Wright's book.  I highly suggest going elsewhere.
>
>Question 1: Do you have a book to recommend over this one?

CGI Programming on the World Wide Web from O'Reilly.  Lincoln Stein's
CGI.pm book.

>Question 2: Can you suggest an alternative to
>            http://www.worldwidemart.com/scripts/ ?

Yeah: write your own.  Seriously.  Guestbook and counter and formmail and
random image displayers and all the rest are pretty simple programming
tasks.  If you need to, then yes, download Matt's and look at the source
(but don't say I didn't warn you :-).  But I would never use a Matt script
unless I went in and rewrote it first (which I actually did; once, under a
deadline at work, I used Matt's WWWBoard, but hacked it up a lot first,
closing security holes, fixing other bugs, etc.).

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])