[MacPerl] re: sending email through Perl

>I just want to chime in and say that once you've formatted the message and
>named it appropriately, you've already gone through the same amount of
>detail-mucking you would do with Mail::Send with Net::SMTP.  The primary
>benefit to this solution, though, is that MacPerl doesn't have to sit there
>and send each mail, it can let EIMS do it instead, which is not a big deal
>usually, but it a very big deal for many messages.  It can also be a big
>deal when a server cannot be found and the message needs to be resent
>later, etc.

re: EIMS and SIMS for mail...

Yup, sorry I didn't get into details about the networking part. For good
sized traffic or real e-mail distribution stuff, it's best to hand off
the details to a ready-made network app.

We have customers that send out BIG broadcasts and they prefer to rely on
EIMS or SIMS for delivery, knowing that they created a single text file
with all the address and message information. Leave the actual message
management and delivery to EIMS.

David

David M. Dantowitz                       david@dantowitz.com
973-564-8670 voice                       973-564-8641 fax

CD-ROM, Kiosk, Macromedia Director, Shockwave, Lingo, Screen
Savers, CGI, Internet software, QuickTimeVR, high performance
software, computer graphics, super computer research, and
parallel computation.

Dantowitz Consulting & Research, Inc.    http://Dantowitz.com
http://www.DigitalStore.com              http://LingoNow.com
http://www.MailBurst.com for EIMS 1.x, 2.x and SIMS